The Gledhill Council’s Healthy Kids committee is excited to introduce our recipe of the month posts. These recipes are designed to be easy, economical, healthy and kid tested! They are also easily adjusted to accommodate vegan and vegetarian diets. We will archive the recipes on the blog so they can be accessed at a later date. If you have a recipe you’d like to contribute, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.Quick-Cook ChiliThis chili is quick and easy to make as it uses mostly pantry items that you probably already have. It is also high in protein and fibre, and mild in taste for the whole family to enjoy!(makes 8 cups)Time: 30 minsIngredients:
- 1 ONION, diced
- 2 CELERY stalks, diced
- 1/3 cup CHILI POWDER (mild)
- 1 cup RED KIDNEY BEANS, rinsed
- 1 cup WHITE KIDNEY BEANS, rinsed
- 1 can BAKED BEANS, whole can with sauce
- 1 cup CORN niblets
- 2 cups SALSA (use your favourite kind, mild for kids)
- 1 cup cooked QUINOAMethod:Prepare cooked quinoa.In a large pot, sauté the onions and celery in a dash of water or oil until soft. Add chili powder, all the beans, the corn, and salsa. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa.
- TIPS: this recipe is vegan but you can easily substitute the quinoa for any cooked ground meat. Topping with cheese, sour cream and/or cilantro would also be delicious! Any kind of beans will work, I like using black beans too. And be sure to keep the chili powder and salsa mild, unless your kids like it hot.
- 4th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) March 29, 2019
- School Council Meeting April 16, 2019
- Movie Night April 26, 2019
- 5th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) May 3, 2019
- School Council Meeting May 16, 2019
- Family Fest June 14, 2019 at 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- School Council Meeting June 18, 2019
- 6th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) June 21, 2019
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Oliver’s Labels Fundraiser
Posts Month by Month