The Gledhill Council’s Healthy Kids committee is excited to introduce our recipe of the month posts. These recipes are designed to be easy, economical, healthy and kid tested! They are also easily adjusted to accommodate vegan and vegetarian diets. We will archive the recipes on the blog so they can be accessed at a later date. If you have a recipe you’d like to contribute, please email it to email@example.com.Quick-Cook ChiliThis chili is quick and easy to make as it uses mostly pantry items that you probably already have. It is also high in protein and fibre, and mild in taste for the whole family to enjoy!(makes 8 cups)Time: 30 minsIngredients:
- 1 ONION, diced
- 2 CELERY stalks, diced
- 1/3 cup CHILI POWDER (mild)
- 1 cup RED KIDNEY BEANS, rinsed
- 1 cup WHITE KIDNEY BEANS, rinsed
- 1 can BAKED BEANS, whole can with sauce
- 1 cup CORN niblets
- 2 cups SALSA (use your favourite kind, mild for kids)
- 1 cup cooked QUINOAMethod:Prepare cooked quinoa.In a large pot, sauté the onions and celery in a dash of water or oil until soft. Add chili powder, all the beans, the corn, and salsa. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa.
- TIPS: this recipe is vegan but you can easily substitute the quinoa for any cooked ground meat. Topping with cheese, sour cream and/or cilantro would also be delicious! Any kind of beans will work, I like using black beans too. And be sure to keep the chili powder and salsa mild, unless your kids like it hot.
- Family fest!! June 15, 2023 at 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Upcoming Phys Ed Items
- PA Day June 2, 2023
- Slo Pitch - Must complete tournament by this date June 2, 2023
- Flag Rugby at Gledhill June 5, 2023
- Slo Pitch Conference Finals (must be played this week) June 5, 2023
- Track and Field - South Conference Finals June 6, 2023 Birchmount Stadium, 85 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough, ON M1N 3J7, Canada
Join 1,143 other subscribers
Gledhill’s Facebook Page
Gledhill on TwitterTweets by gledhillSC
Oliver’s Labels Fundraiser
Posts Month by Month
You must be logged in to post a comment.