What’s on this week?
- Junior Choir
- Karate Kids
- Ukulele Kids
- Swimming at DA Morrison
- Chess at lunch and after school
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- School Council Meeting – 6:00pm – 7:30pm in the school library. Pizza and child care provided.
- Character Ed Assembly will be March 2nd
- The Ward 16 Council meeting scheduled for 7PM on March 1, 2018 at Parkside Elementary School has been CANCELLED. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Two messages from the Eco-Club: Hi! Eco Club members are concerned about the impact of garbage on animals and plants. As you already know, 2 weeks ago we conducted a waste audit in the Lunch Room. We noticed a significant number of metallic wrappers being used by our students. As you know, metallic wrappers are man made items. They are not recyclable. They are litter and it takes about 80 years for them to decompose in our land fills. This is an extremely long time considering how quickly their content was consumed! So, think of alternative choices such as baking with your parents and packing your baked goods in reusable containers. Have fun baking with your parents!
- Also, Gledhill, did you know there is a Great Canadian Backyard Bird Count going on this week? Citizens like you and me can keep track of the types of birds we see and how many and report it to the Audubon Society. It’s called citizen science when we volunteer some of our time to share our observations. Find out more HERE
- Junior Choir is today – Students, Mrs Bailey will pick up from lunchrooms at 11:45.