What’s on this week?
- Junior Choir at lunch
- Karate Kids at lunch
- Ukulele Kids at lunch
- Litterless Lunch Contest
- Rm 29 to Ontario Science Centre
- Swimming at DA Morrison
- Chess Club
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- School Council Meeting – 6-7:30pm in the library – Guest Speaker: Marc Mullan, Principal at DA Morrison talking transition to middle school for our grades 5s and 6s.
- Character Ed Assembly
- Movie Night in the school gym! “Treasure Planet” – doors open at 6, movie starts at 6:30. Reminder to bring your refillable water bottles to use at our water filling station. Gluten free and dairy free pizza options are available if requested in advance. Please email email@example.com before Wednesday if interested so we can know quantities to order.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- This is a message from the Eco Club! Here at Gledhill we don’t like litter and waste. It’s harmful and impacts plants and people. In an effort to reduce waste, we will have a Litterless Lunch Contest this week! Tomorrow at lunch, Eco Club members will come around to see who is bringing a litterless lunch to school. If you are caught doing so, your name will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a prize. We know that you all do a great job daily. Please keep those litterless lunches coming. And don’t forget: Litterless lunch means no using juice boxes or yoghurt containers. Thank You!
- Eco Club meets tomorrow in Rm 6. Please be there on time and bring your outdoor gear with you.
- Young Women on the Move is tomorrow in Rm 30 at lunch.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Day of Significance
- Kindie Helpers
- Winter Gear
Please remember to be honest when asked a question.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!