What’s coming up?
- TODAY, Tuesday, November 6th – Gr 3/4 Author Visit. Welcome Joanne Robertson – author of “Water Walker”
- Friday, November 9th – Remembrance Day Assembly at 10:30am. All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Progress Reports go home.
- Thursday, November 15th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 16th – PA Day and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 14 through November 21th – Scholastic Book Fair in the library. Our librarian, Ms Kopka, is looking for volunteers. Check times and sign up HERE
- Thursday, November 22nd – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6pm-7:30pm in the library
- Friday, November 23rd – Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hi Everyone! Please look for our new marker box on the main floor. (near the battery recycling bin) If your markers or pens are used up, they can be collected for recycling too. Thank you! From the Eco Team.
- Primary Choir is today at lunch.
- Grade 4/5 girls who are interested in basketball this year, please see Mr Webb at first recess outside the gym office.
Don’t forget to bring in your used batteries to be recycled
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.