What’s coming up?
- April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
- April 10- Day of Pink
- April 16- Parent Council Meeting at 6pm. All are welcome. Childcare and pizza provided
- April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison
- April 26- Dance-A-Thon
- April 30- School Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Welcome to our visiting schools from Morse, Secord and Withrow. We will have a great day together playing co-ed volleyball.
- A reminder to teachers that the gym is closed today. Please contact your PE teacher for further details.
- Kindergarten-Grade 2 Collaborative Art Project will meet today in Room 8 during lunch. Children should come with their lunches and outdoor gear. See you at lunch!
- Read Aloud Club and Forest of Reading Club meet today at 11:45 in the library. Readers, eat your lunch and wait to be picked up. Bring all of your outdoor clothes with you.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.