What’s coming up?
- April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
- April 10- Day of Pink
- April 16- Parent Council Meeting at 6pm. All are welcome. Childcare and pizza provided
- April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison
- April 26- Dance-A-Thon
- April 30- School Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A huge congratulations to the co-ed volleyball team who placed 1st in their tournament. A reminder of practice at 8am Monday morning.
- Happiness Project 1130am in Room 30
- Hi, we’re from the Eco-Club! We were noticing a fair number of reusable containers get left in the playground by kids. Often they end up broken or put in the garbage. Students, please make sure that when the recess bell rings to come in, you check to make sure you have everything you brought out with you. It’s a good idea to put your things in the same place while you’re playing. Thanks for thinking of the earth!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.