April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- Friday, April 19 – Good Friday – No School
- Monday, April 22 – Easter Monday – No School
- Tuesday, April 23- Track and Field Day
- Thursday, April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison at 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 26 – Coffee & Conversation 8-9:30am
- Friday, April 26- Dance-A-Thon
- Friday, April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears”
- Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Attention Junior Choir members: Our rehearsal will be CANCELLED on Tuesday after the Long Weekend. There will be NO Choir rehearsal on Tuesday, April 23rd
- Forest of Reading meets today at lunch.
- Staff and Students- Mark you calendars! We are going to be hosting a one day book fair on April 30th. This time, we will be offering books in French. Details to follow.
- Collaborative Art Group meets today at lunch time for Kindergarten to Grade 2. Please come directly to Room 8 with your lunch and outdoor clothes.- Ms D’Souza and Mme Easton.
- Red for Ed staff photo today at 1130. Meet by the office.
- Young Women on the Move meet at lunch in Room 30.
- Reminder- Bus presentation today.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.