April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- Friday, April 26 – Coffee & Conversation 8-9:30am *** CANCELLED DUE TO POOR WEATHER FORECAST***
- Friday April 26- Wear Green and Blue to celebrate our beautiful earth
- Friday, April 26- Dance-A-Thon (see full details)
- Friday, April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears” Doors open at 6, movie starts at 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A reminder that Eco-Club is cancelled today as Ms Roshi and Mme LeClerc are taking their classes to the TSO. See you next week Eco-Tigers!
- All grade 4/5 students interested in slo pitch or rugby this year, please see Mr Webb at morning recess by outdoor hockey nets.
- In support of Earth Day and caring for our planet, show your spirit by wearing Blue and Green for our Earth. Tomorrow wear blue and green!
- Hi! From the Eco-Club! Did you know tomorrow night is the Gledhill Movie night? The Gledhill Parent Council and the Eco-team, in honour of Earth Day, present “Bears”, a Disney nature film. This movie is about the life of a bear family in Alaska. Mother, Sky teaches her two cubs, Amber and Scout about learning to live life in one of the planet’s last great wildernesses. Doors open tomorrow evening at 6pm in the Gledhill gym. Cost is $1 per person. Pizza and popcorn will be for sale and cash donations are being collected to support Eco-Club initiatives. Thanks for listening!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.