What’s coming up?
- Monday Sept 9th – Thursday Sept 12th- X-Movement
- Thursday Sept 12th– Curriculum Night – 5-6pm: X-Movement, 6-7pm: Visit the Classroom, 7-730pm: Family Terry Fox Walk
- Thursday Sept 19th– Parent Council Meeting in the library at 6pm.
- Friday Sept 27th– School Terry Fox Walk at 10:30am
- Monday Sept 30th– Orange T-Shirt Day
Highlights from this today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the land acknowledgement and remain standing for O Canada
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated, Make sure you are listening and taking note of anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Tuesday Sept 10 and it is Day 1 in our schedule. Our character theme for September is Respect and here is something to think about. “Friendship – my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble.” Stieg Larsson
- Thank you for listening, here are the morning announcements:
- Library orientation for staff is taking place today at lunch. See you in the library, we will begin at 11:35am.
- Students doing recorder in music are reminded to return their recorders by Friday. New recorder orders have until Friday Sept 20th.
- Students in Grades 4 and 5 interested in School Ukulele are encouraged to get the information from Mrs. Bailey
- Teachers- money for Terry Fox t-shirts is due to Mrs. Bailey by Friday please.
- A reminder to Grade 5 students who would like to be prefects that applications are due in the office on Wednesday
- House league Bordenball for Team 1 and 2 starts on Thursday at 8:15am
- First girls soccer tryout for Grades 4 and 5 is Friday at 8:15am. All are welcome.
- Ms. Bambrick has an announcement: Grade 4 students interested in being Kindergarten Helpers should come to a short meeting at first recess.
- have a Terrific Tuesday!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.
You must be logged in to post a comment.