What’s coming up?
- Monday Sept 9th – Thursday Sept 12th- X-Movement
- Thursday Sept 12th– Curriculum Night – 5-6pm: X-Movement, 6-7pm: Visit the Classroom, 7-730pm: Family Terry Fox Walk
- Thursday Sept 19th– Parent Council Meeting in the library at 6pm.
- Friday Sept 27th– School Terry Fox Walk at 10:30am
Highlights from this today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the land acknowledgement and remain standing for O Canada
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated, Make sure you are listening and taking note of anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Monday Sept 9 and it is Day 5 in our schedule. Our character theme for September is Respect and here is something to think about. “Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it.”- R.G Risch
- Thank you for listening, here are the morning announcements:
- From Ms. Smith- There will be a meeting for all students in Grades 2-5 who are interested in participating in cross country this year at 10:05am(morning recess) in Room 28. See you there!
- A reminder Bordenball starts on Thursday for Team #1 and #2 at 8:15am on the big field with Ms. Pace. Rain or shine.
- Girls Grade 4 and 5 soccer tryout is Friday morning at 815 in the big field with Ms. Pace. Rain or shine.
- There will be a library orientation for staff tomorrow at 11:35am. See you there!
- A message for all students, please remember students are not to climb or hang off the “Peace Tree”. This tree is still young and has been damaged when branches have broken. Thank you for your help in taking care of our schoolyard trees!
- This is a message for Spirit Squad members. If you would like to join Spirit Squad go to Room 24 on the Wednesday Sept 11th.
- Ms. Bambrick has an announcement: Grade 5 students interested in being Prefects or Kindergarten Helpers should come to a short meeting at afternoon recess in the large lunchroom.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.
You must be logged in to post a comment.