What’s coming up?
- TOMORROW – Wednesday November 13th- Progress reports go home
- Thursday November 14th from 330-6pm- Special Family Event- Scholastic Book Fair. Volunteers needed from 330-6pm http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Thursday November 14th – Thursday Nov 21st – Scholastic Book Fair in the school library. Volunteers needed from 830-1140am http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Friday November 15th – Last day to buy Marlies tickets
- Friday November 15th – PA DAY
- Thursday November 21st 6-730pm- Parent Council Mtg in school library. All are welcome. Child care and pizza will be provided
- Friday November 22nd – Movie Night at Gledhill in the gym- “Rise of the Guardians”. Doors open at 6pm and movie starts at 630pm. If you are interested in volunteering to make this might a success, please sign up at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
- Thursday December 12th- Winter Concert
Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Tuesday November 12th and it is Day 4 in our schedule. Our character theme for November is Empathy and here is something to think about. “Be nice and smile at everyone you meet. You don’t know what they are going through, and they may need that smile, and treasure it.” – Christine M Huppert
- Makerspace club beings today at 1145am. Students bring all of your outdoor gear with you. You will be going outside 12:20pm
- A reminder to students who have band and strings, that they are today at 930am
- Now a message from the Book Fair Crew
- Good Morning Gledhill! Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Gledhill and there is SNOW much to read! A blizzard of books is arriving November 14th and everyone is invited. Bundle up for an Arctic Adventure. There will be books, games, activities and a Family Event as big as an iceberg! PLUS if you buy a book on Thursday, Monday or Tuesday, you’ll have the chance to win FREE BOOKS! It’s the coolest place to be! The lucky winner will be announced on Wednesday November 20th in the morning.
- The book fair starts on Thursday November 14th and runs until Thursday November 21st.
- It is open from 830-1130am. The book fair will be closed at recess.
- The special family event will take place on Thursday November 14th from 330 until 545 pm.
- Teachers, please sign up for the classroom visits online.
- See you at the book fair where there is SNOW much to read!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.