Hello Gledhill families..
Please see the link below to see information on the work action by the TDSB next week, this includes strike days, as well as the cancelling of extracurricular activities.
Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for January is “Teamwork”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to teamwork with the morning announcements. January is also Tamil Heritage month in the TDSB and the students have been hearing facts during morning announcements about this rich and ancient culture.
Today the TDSB provided the following labour update regarding report cards: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1409/Labour-Update-Elementary-Report-Cards
What’s coming up?
- Thursday January 23rd from 6-730pm: Parent/Family Council Meeting in the school library. All are welcome. Pizza and childcare will be provided.
- Friday January 24th: Pizza Lunch for students in Grades 1-5 who have pre-registered. Can you volunteer to help at this event? Sign up to help at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
- Monday January 6th – Friday January 31st: Applications for Junior Extended French which begins in Grade 4 must be completed online within this time frame. Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following close of application window. Click this link for more information: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/School-Choices/French-Programs
- Monday February 3rd: Junior Kindergarten registration available for the 2020-2021 school year in person at the school or online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten
- Friday February 14th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Monday February 17th: Family Day **No school today!!**
- Friday February 28th: Movie Night at Gledhill- details to follow. Sign up to volunteer at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
Hi there Gledhill families…
Please see the “General Alert” on the top of the TDSB website stating that schools will be closed to students tomorrow Monday January 20th. School will resume Tuesday January 21st.
Hello Gledhill families!
The following statement was released today from the TDSB about a potential one-day strike this coming Monday January 20th, 2020. The Gledhill Council will aim to keep you updated as we hear information from the TDSB.
Hello Gledhill families! The TDSB has released the following statement regarding the upcoming job action by ETFO. We will try and keep families as updated as we can as the TDSB releases future information.
https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1404/Labour-Update-ETFO-Announces-Phase-3–4-Strike-ActionYou can also follow the TDSB on Twitter
You can also follow the TDSB on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tdsb?s=09.
Looking for more info on the Universal Screening Process for Grade 3 Students going on at Gledhill this week?
Effective September 2016, the Toronto District School Board introduced a universal screening process for all Grade 3 students across the board. The purpose of this universal screening test is to:
- Provide information to classroom teachers about the strengths and learning needs of each student in order to better support teachers in programming for students
- Help teachers to know when to bring a student forward to In School Team (IST) or School Support Team (SST) for programming suggestions
- Improve equity of access for all students to differentiated programming including the potential identification of students with a gifted exceptionality
There are several useful FAQ and Parent Information documents available on the TDSB site which may contain answers to your questions:
A message from the School Board inviting all parents to join in on a live webcast for parents and guardians taking place Tuesday at 8:00.
Parents/Guardians of TDSB Students,
We are always looking to improve communication with parents across the city. Please join us on Tuesday, May 3 from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. as we host our first live webcast for parents/guardians.
We will begin the session with a welcome and update on recent developments at the TDSB. This will be followed by a chance for parents/guardians to ask questions. After the webcast, please participate in a short survey about the webcast format and share your thoughts about topics for future sessions.
We look forward to speaking with you on Tuesday, May 3, 2016.
Director of Education