In light of the uncertainty we are all (caregivers, school staff) grappling with currently, we have decided to cancel this month’s parent council meeting.
We will come back together, hopefully with more stability and clarity, on Thursday, February 10th.
If you have questions that the council can help get answers to, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
Thank you for your understanding.
Gledhill’s next School Council meeting is taking place Tuesday, June 2nd, from 6:30-8:00 in the school library. All Gledhill parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. Here is a link to Tuesday’s agenda. Contact email@example.com if you would like to add an item to the agenda.
The minutes from the May 19th meeting can be read here.
A reminder of the School Council Meeting being held this evening from 6:30 – 8:00 in the school library. The agenda for the May 19th meeting is here. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.
The School Council Meeting scheduled for this Thursday, May 14th, has been changed to Tuesday, May 19th – 6:30 – 8:00.
We apologize for the short notice but a scheduling conflict which affected the school administration’s ability to attend the meeting necessitated the change.
The agenda for the May 19th meeting is here.
Want to get more involved in your child’s school experience? Come out to the next School Council Meeting and learn more about how you can get involved. The meeting takes place next Tuesday from 6:30 – 8:00 in the Gledhill Library. All parents are welcome!
Gledhill School Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, February 17th, 2015
6:30 – 8:00
Agenda Items: (for a ‘live’ version of the agenda click here)
Welcome / What’s happened since last meeting (5 minutes)
Approval of January 15th Council Meeting Minutes (5 minutes)
Principal Update (10 minutes)
Parent Rep Update (5 minutes)
Ward 16 Rep Update (5 minutes)
Pizza Lunch Update (5 minutes)
School Council ByLaw Development Update (10 minutes)
Family Fest Update (5 minutes)
Dance-a-Thon & Upcoming Events (see below) (5 minutes)
Nut Free Gourmet for Easter (5 minutes)
Fundraising and Programs for next year (10 minutes)
New Business (5 minutes)
Skate Day – March 24th
Multi-Cultural Potluck – March 27th
Dance-a-thon – TBD
Bike Rally – May 6th
Family Fest – June 19th
pizza lunches (ongoing)
movie nights (ongoing)
Date and Time of Upcoming Meetings
Tuesday, March 10th, 6:30 – 8:00
Thursday, April 9th, 6:30 – 8:00
Thursday, May 14th, 6:30 – 8:00
Tuesday, June 2nd, 6:30 – 8:00
Tuesday, June 23rd, 6:30 – 8:00 (Executive Council Meeting)
All Gledhill community members are invited to attend the upcoming School Council meeting on Thursday, January 15th from 6:30-8:00 in the school library.
The agenda for the meeting is posted here.
Gledhill School Council meeting will take place in the library this coming Thursday, January 15th from 6:30 -8:00. Items to be discussed are as follows …
- Welcome (Mark and Lisa – 3 minutes)
- Approval of General Meeting Minutes from December 9th (Joel – 2 minutes)
- Principal Update (Message board update) (Kathy – 10 minutes)
- Breakfast Club (10 minutes)
- School Council Name Change (from ‘Gledhill SACA’ to ‘Gledhill School Council’) (Mark – 5 minutes)
- Parent Rep Update (Chris – 5 minutes)
- Ward Rep Update (Sharon and Heather – 10 minutes)
- School Council ByLaw Sub-Committee Update (Jill – 5 minutes)
- Pizza Lunch PayPal Option (Lexi – 5 minutes)
- Upcoming Events (see below) (Mark – 5 minutes)
- Family Fest Lead(s) (Lisa – 5 minutes)
- Trivia/Silent Auction Night (Lisa – 5 minutes)
- New Business (Mark – 5 minutes)
SACA General Meeting
When: Thursday, Nov. 6th 2014 – 6:30pm to 7:30 P.M.
Where: Gledhill School Library Learning Commons (second floor)
Topic: Setting SACA goals
- Message from the Principal
- Confirming upcoming events and dates, including meeting dates
- SACA’s goals for the 2014/15 year
EVERYONE WELCOME! CHILDCARE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
SACA invites all members of the Gledhill community to a general meeting on Wednesday March 5th from 7pm – 8pm. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss SACA’s role in the school and the broader community. SACA volunteers will discuss strategy to better understand the needs of the school, and how these align with the services that the volunteer council delivers. Childcare will be provided.
Agenda for SACA General Meeting – Thursday, January 30th – 7:00-8:00
- Principals Report
- SACA – Snapshot of Activities (Jessica Schmiedchen)
- Real Food for Real Kids Lunch Program (Mark Fowle & Brenda Chow)
- Greening Update (Catherine Dorton)
- Eco Schools (Catherine Dorton)
- “100 in 1 Day” Initiative (Andrea Egan)
- New Business (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any new business you’d like to introduce at the meeting)