Meeting Date: Wednesday April 26, 2017
Attendance: 11 parents (quorum formed), Principal McAleese, Vice Principal Curry, Mme. Bey
Meeting Discussion and Decisions
- Family Fest is scheduled for Friday June 16 (3:30pm to 7:00pm); organization of the event is underway and we will need many volunteers to make the day a success!
- Gledhill’s Spring Concert will be held on May 25 and we will sell pizza before the event (note that pizza will need to be eaten in the hallway before entering the gymnasium)
Ward Rep updates:
- The format for the Ward Council is currently being renewed (detailed not yet known)
- Positions for the Parent Involvement Advisory Committee (PIAC) are currently being filled
Main Agenda Items
Principal’s and Vice Principal’s updates and discussion:
- A large tree at the front of the school was removed because of issues with pipe drainage; another (smaller) tree will be planted
- 65 Gledhill athletes represented our school at the track and field day at Birchmount Stadium on May 4th
- Gledhill’s chess club qualified for the finals (congrats!)
- EQAO testing is happening in May/June; information has been sent to parents for kids in grades 3 and 6
- The school is registered to participate in Jump Rope for Heart in late May; date TBC
- Preparations are underway for the Grade 6 Graduation ceremony
Council By-Laws were discussed as part of the annual review process and no changes are required (APPROVED) – they can be found at this link
Pro Grant Funding:
- Discussion about how to spend this year’s pro grant funding
- Will invite a speaker to our June Council meeting to discuss how to promote and support kids with healthy eating
- The Council’s $100 contribution to each teacher to support the purchase of classroom supplies and materials needs to be distributed for this school year.
Next Council meeting is Tuesday June 6th, 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
- Movie Night – June 2
- Family Fest – Friday June 16