Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- The grade 6 girls who took bordenball permission forms, please meet in the gym#1 at noon today. Eat first in the lunchroom.
- Mrs PE classes have run to Cardston, Alberta. We are well on our way to running into Toronto by the 100th Anniversary of Gledhill School.
- Students come to the field at morning recess to be part of the Marathon of Hope.
- Recorders and orders are all due to the music room by the end of the week. Please come when your teachers give you permission.
- Uschool Ukulele Kids please come tomorrow at 11:50 to rehearse.
- This is a reminder to all boys in soccer of their final tryouts tomorrow in the field at 7:45 am. Team to be posted Friday outside the gym office.
Mr. Currie read: “Today marks the beginning of Rosh Hashanah for those who observe Judaism. It begins this evening and lasts until September 22.”