Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Students- today is your last chance to be part of the Gledhill Marathon of Hope. Come to the field at morning recess.
- Uschool kids to the music room at 11:50 this morning. Don’t forget your ukuleles.
- Mrs. Pace’s bordenball team will meet in gym #1 at noon today.
- Today’s all school DPA (Daily Physical Activity) will take place at afternoon recess. Please collect and return your running sticks from Mrs. Bailey and the spirit squad.
- A friendly reminder to the Grade 6 girls soccer team that there is a practice after school today. See you then!
Mr. Currie read a message about Rosh Hashanah