Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Students and staff, this is a reminder of our Terry Fox assembly today during Period 3. See you in the gym!
- Last chance to be entered in the Terry Fox t-shirt draw. Please send all pledges and forms to the office following these announcements.
- A reminder to all boys soccer players to check outside the gym office at afternoon recess for the list of who made this year’s team. Thank you to everyone who came out on Tuesday and Thursday!
- A message from the Eco Club team: Today is World Car-Free Day! This is a particular day around the world when people celebrate transportation options that are best for our health and the air we breathe.
Room 29 conducted a survey and discovered that most of our students walk, bike, scooter or take a bus to school, which is awesome! Happy World Car-Free Day, Gledhill!
- Mrs. Pace’s runners have run past the small Alberta town of Milk River. Way to go team!
- Bordenball team: please meet Mrs. Pace in the gym at noon today.