What’s on this month? – Mark your calendars
- Family Potluck and Dance – Thursday, January 18th
- PA Day – Friday, January 19th
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Tuesday, January 23rd – 6:00 – 7:30pm (This meeting will feature a Kindergarten-focused agenda. We’ll talk in-school activities, after-school events, and how you can get involved!)
Meetings are open to all, and childcare (and pizza!) is provided.
- Pizza Lunch – Friday, January 26th
What’s on this week?
- Session #2 of Junior Makerspace (Grades 4-6) begins
- Forest of Reading
- Eco Club meeting at lunch in Rm 6
- Scientist in the School Rms 1 & 11
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Boys Grade 5 & 6 Basketball try out is today at 12:00 in the gym. – Mrs. Pace
- ECO Club will meet today at our usual time and place. See you soon Eco Tigers!
- If you are in Grades 2-6 and like to dance, you might be interested in doing Folkfest this year! Please meet Mme. Martineau in front of the office at morning recess for a permission form. Please bring your outdoor clothing as you will go outside.
- Junior MakerSpace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) and Forest of Reading meet today at lunch. Students, please eat your lunch in the lunchroom. You will be picked up at 11:45am.
Mrs. McAleese/Mr. Currie talked about:
- Wearing proper gear for the weather
- Snow structures are to be built with hands only – no sticks or other objects are to be used
- Remember that the trees are still alive!
Please remember to be part of a team.
Have a THRILLING Thursday!!!