The Gledhill Junior Public School shares our building with the Gledhill Avenue Child Care Centre.
The centre, founded in 1989, provides preschool care as well as before and after school care for children from kindergarten to grade 5. There are approximately 100 children in care at the centre.
As a not-for-profit daycare it is overseen by a board of directors (BOD). This is where you come in. We need outside expertise and enthusiasm to keep this institution running smoothly.
It is a rewarding experience to know you are ensuring the continuation of this vital resource for the community’s parents.
On Tuesday October 25th 2022 we will hold our annual AGM and determine the members of our next Board of Directors.
What is involved in being on this BOD?
- The board is looking for some new Directors starting in October 2022. We can have up to twelve so there’s plenty of room for you. That said, several of our Directors will be continuing. You won’t be starting from scratch or going it alone.
- The board meets roughly once a month – mostly by video conference.
- Being a Director is a time commitment of about 1-2 hours a month – 1 hour for the meeting plus a bit of work towards the initiatives and committees of the board.
- Community members of all backgrounds and skill sets are welcome. Backgrounds that are especially useful are:
- Policy making
- Accounting or bookkeeping
- Law and governance
- Previous experience on a not for profit board
A background in these areas would be a big help, but the most important thing is an interest in making the best centre possible for the families of our community.
If you’re Interested in getting involved in the Gledhill Avenue Child Care Centre board of directors there’s a few ways you can let us know:
- pop by the office on the first floor of the school by door 7 and let Ashley or Tash know of your interest
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org