- Movie Night February 22, 2019
- Skate Day March 7, 2019 Ted Reeve Community Arena, 175 Main St Grades 1-5 walk with their class to Ted Reeve Arena for either a morning or afternoon of skating. Loaner skates and helmets are available for kids who don't own their own.
- School Council Meeting March 21, 2019
- 4th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) March 29, 2019
- School Council Meeting April 16, 2019
- Movie Night April 26, 2019
- 5th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) May 3, 2019
- School Council Meeting May 16, 2019
- Family Fest June 14, 2019 at 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- School Council Meeting June 18, 2019
Oliver’s Labels Fundraiser
Posts Month by Month
Category Archives: Community Event
The Children’s Book Bank provides free books and literacy support to children living in low-income neighborhoods across Toronto.
As if the bouncy castles and yummy food weren’t enough – there are two more reasons to attend this year’s Family Fest this Friday:
- The Gledhill Clothing Swap. This year, at Family Fest, in the spirit of sharing, kindness, reducing and reusing, Mrs Chitayat’s class is organizing a huge clothing swap! Clothing donations can be dropped off at the main office, up until Thursday, June 21, in clear or blue recycling bags. Then, at Family Fest, all families are invited to take home what their family can use.
- Charity Art Auction – In support of Hailey, a student in Room 19, who is battling leukemia and Ryan in Room 26, who recently lost his father in a tragic accident, each classroom at Gledhill will be creating a piece of artwork to be auctioned off during Family Fest on Friday. All proceeds from the Silent Auction will be going towards Hailey and Ryan. Please come out to support this worthy cause!
Volunteers are still needed in order for us to run all the fun events planned for the kids. Please check out our Volunteer Sign Up to see where help is still required. Thank you to those who have already indicated how they can help out.
In support of Hailey, a student in Room 19, who is battling leukemia and Ryan in Room 26, who recently lost his father in a tragic accident, each classroom at Gledhill will be creating a piece of artwork to be auctioned off during Family Fest on Friday, June 22nd. All proceeds from the Silent Auction will be going towards Hailey and Ryan. Please come out to support this worthy cause!
Are you watching kids scroll through life, with their rapid-fire thumbs and a six-second attention span? Physician and filmmaker Delaney Ruston saw that with her own kids and learned that the average kid spends 6.5 hours a day looking at screens. She wondered about the impact of all this time and about the friction occurring in homes and schools around negotiating screen time—friction she knew all too well.
In SCREENAGERS, as with her award-winning documentaries on mental health, Delaney takes a deeply personal approach as she probes into the vulnerable corners of family life, including her own, to explore struggles over social media, video games, academics and internet addiction. Through poignant, and unexpectedly funny stories, along with surprising insights from authors, psychologists, and brain scientists, SCREENAGERS reveals how tech time impacts kids’ development and offers solutions on how adults can
empower kids to best navigate the digital world and find balance.
Parents and students are welcome. (May not be suitable for younger children due to graphic video game clips). Popcorn and refreshments will be available.