Our grown ups only evening of FUN is coming up soon on Friday, November 23th. Parents are invited to come dance up a storm to Gledhill’s own DJ Rhino and his 90’s tunes. To help raise funds for school council initiatives there will also be a Silent Auction where parents can bid on some cool items (and maybe get some holiday shopping done too).
Auction items are still needed!
What can you donate?
- Tickets to a sporting or theatrical event?
- An item to help promote your business?
- A service you provide that you can auction off?
- That brand new rice cooker that is still in the box that you will never use?
- An item or gift certificate from your favourite local business?
No item is too small. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or something to donate. Items can also be dropped off at the school office.
Note: Some local businesses have already been approached or have offered donations. They include: Cyclepath, Deserres, Dragonz, Theatricks, Face to Face, Fresh Paint Studio, Hand and Stone, Looking Glass Adventures, Oak Park Deli, Pose Hair Salon, Metro Nails, Nail House, Rithmetic Math Club, Studio M, Tabule Restaurant, Time Capsule, The Right Side, The Marlies, Little London Barber Shop, Love Winks, East York Basketball Camp, False Ox, The Nooks and Jack of Sports.
It’s time for Gledhill students to put on their dancing shoes. The one and only Gledhill Dance-a-thon is coming soon. On Friday, May 11th all students, JK through Grade 6, will join their classmates and head down to the gym at a scheduled time during the school day and discover that it has been transformed! They will dance their heart out to raise money for our school. Amazing music will once again be brought to you by DJ Rhino.
The Dance-a-thon is one of our School Council’s key fundraisers for the year. All money raised will be used to fund enrichment programs at Gledhill such as: Drama with Jeff, Scientists in the School and Skate Day.
We are hoping that all who can, will help us raise an average of $25 per student through pledges from family and friends. All students will have the opportunity to participate in the Dance-a-thon regardless of the amount they raise.
Donations can be collected two ways:
- QUICK & EASY METHOD – Online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/dance
- Using a Pledge Form (showing up soon in a backpack near you – or print one HERE) and then return it with all cash and cheques to the classroom teacher by Friday, May 11th.
Feel free to share the online donation link with family and friends so they can sponsor your child easily!
*As per TDSB policy, tax receipts will be issued for individual donations of $25 or more (cash, cheque or online donation).
If you have any questions regarding Dance-a-thon or you would like to volunteer, please contact email@example.com.
As part of their continued effort to raise funds for the Day of Pink Foundation, Mme Bey’s class is raffling off two baskets that were kindly donated to the school.
Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 tickets for $5.00 and will be sold outside the main office at morning recess (10:05 – 10:20) Monday, April 23 to Friday, April 27th.
Basket # 1 – appropriate for Primary (Grades 1-3) students
Playmobil Summer Fun
Hatchimal Fabula Forest
Endangered Species – Polar Bear – 2 in 1 puzzle series
V-Tech Racing Runway Airplane
Retail Value – over $150.00
Basket# 2 – appropriate for Junior (Grades 4-6) students
Speak Out – kids vs parents
Telestrations – the telephone game stretched out
Mod Colouring – sketch portfolio
Make it Real – jewellery collection
Lego Creator – 3 in 1 building set
The Unwanteds – Books 1, 2, and 3
Retail Value – over $125.00
For Gledhill families who have tickets and are attending tomorrow’s Marlies game, the ice is reserved from 1:00pm – 1:50pm for a family skate!
- Families can arrive as early at 12:20pm.
- Participants can enter the arena at the North Group Experiences Check-In gate at Ricoh Coliseum.
- A member of the Marlies staff will be there to direct people to the change rooms so they can put on their skates.
- Anyone under the age of 13 must wear a helmet.
- No hockey sticks or pucks, this is just a pleasure skate!
Waivers must be signed for everyone going on the ice. They can be downloaded here:
Ricoh Coliseum Adult Waiver
Ricoh Coliseum Minor Waiver
- After the skate families can return their skates to their cars and then make their way to the main entrance for gates opening at 3:00pm.
- Liberty Village is a close walk away if you would like to grab a coffee or bite to eat before 4:00pm puck drop.
We are looking for some totally tubular people to help out with the 80’s Dance Party & Silent Auction on Sat. Nov. 18. It runs from 7:30 – 12:00 pm at the Legion on Woodbine.
There are several gnarly jobs that need doing including :
- Ticket Table/Front Door
- Selling 50/50 Draw Tickets
- Monitoring the silent auction tables
- Pizza Sales
- Clean up
Grab a friend and sign up for one of these rad jobs together! For more details click HERE
Bring your family & friends and join others from Gledhill to cheer on our own Toronto Marlies. Ticket are $20 and a portion goes to raise funds for Gledhill School Council initiatives. Tickets will also be available for purchase online. Stay tuned!