Now that the long weekend is behind us it’s time to start thinking about getting our kids ready to return to school (Tuesday September 3rd).
As you start preparing for lunches, indoor shoes and other miscellaneous items that could be misplaced it’s a good time to think about ordering labels for your lunch containers, water bottles, hoodies, jackets, backpacks, shoes and anything else that you can add a label to.
Did you know that you can support the school council by ordering your labels through Oliver’s Labels? It’s a win-win situation, you get to keep track of your child’s stuff (hopefully reducing lost items) and a portion of the purchase will support the school council. If you’re interested take a look at the link below:
Last Friday we had amazing weather and a fantastic turnout to Gledhill’s Annual Family Fest. Each year the event raises valuable funds for the school council supported programs and initiatives including Drama with Jeff, Scientists in School and Skate Day.
We’d like to say a few important thank yous:
THANK YOU to all the local businesses who contributed to the day including Davidson’s valu-mart who donated all the food for the BBQ, Kevin Smith for donating the loot bag contents, the Fire Station on Woodbine for visiting with their truck and Toronto Water for sending the water truck.
THANK YOU to all the familes who attended the event and supported this important fundraiser.
THANK YOU to Andrea A and her team of parent volunteers who helped set up, man the stations and clean up afterwards.
THANK YOU to everyone who baked and cooked for the food tables.
And finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to Chantal, Marni, Scarlett and Melissa who have worked so hard to organize and run many of our fundraisers over the last few years!
A few notes ahead of tomorrow’s exciting event:
- We are still in need of volunteers for a few one hour shifts AND finger foods for our pot luck food table. Please check out the Sign Up site to see where help is needed and to indicate what food you can bring. Any volulnteer questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All food and baking donations can be dropped off at the table in front of the office tomorrow morning or after school at Family Fest.
- BEAT THE LINE UPS – Unless it is raining, Family Fest tickets and Wristbands will be sold in the school yard tomorrow before school, starting at 8:20 am. (Note: All Wristbands and tickets are non-refundable, even in the case of event cancellation due to rain)
Gledhill had so much fun at the Marlies we are heading to see the Argos on Saturday, June 22! To purchase tickets, please complete the forms sent home in backpacks and return them to the office with either cash or cheque. Questions? Email email@example.com
Do you have a business you’d like to promote or something to sell at this year’s Family Fest Marketplace?
The organizers are now accepting requests for vendor tables
Tables are $40 for Gledhill parents & $50 for non-Gledhill parents
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your table for this year’s event
Gledhill’s Annual Dance-a-thon is this Friday, April 26th, 2019.
All students, JK through Grade 5, will head down to the gym at a scheduled time this Friday and strut their stuff to the music of our own DJ Rhino.
The Dance-a-thon is one of our School Council’s key fundraisers for the year. All
money raised will be used to fund enrichment programs at Gledhill such as: Drama with Jeff, Scientists in the School and Skate Day.
We are hoping that all who can, will help us raise an average of $25 per student
through pledges from family and friends. All students will have the opportunity to participate in the Dance-a-thon regardless of the amount they raise.
Donations can be collected two ways:
1. Donations can be made easily online through “School Cash Online”
Step 1: Log into your child’s account at http://www.schoolcashonline.com.
Step 2: Click the blue “Make a Donation” button
Step 3: Enter
a) Donation amount
b) Select “Gledhill Junior Public School” as the Fund Destination
c) Tribute Information should read “Not a tribute Gift”
d) Enter “Dance-a-thon” in the message field
Tax receipts will be issued for online donations of ANY amount
2. Using the paper form sent home in backpacks and then returning it with all cash and cheques to the classroom teacher by Friday, April 26 th . Tax receipts will be issued for individual cash and cheque donations of $25 or more.
Didn’t get a paper form? You can print one HERE
If you have any questions regarding Dance-a-thon or you would like to volunteer, please contact email@example.com.