Hello Gledhill families!
We are looking for individuals who are able to give a bit of their time tomorrow, Friday October 25th at our first Movie Night of the year!
This is one of the important fundraisers that we do that help raise funds for school initiatives! It is with parent and family help that these events are so successful!
If you’re not able to volunteer for this Movie Night, there are three more movie nights this school year that we will still need help for!
Please check out this link for volunteer opportunities on all four Movie Nights!
On Saturday November 30th, join Gledhill Jr PS and cheer on the Toronto Marlies at the Scotiabank Arena! Tickets for this 1:30pm game are on sale for $20 each at http://sagoto.com/gsc/marlies.
Deadline to buy tickets is Friday November 15th.
Bring your family and friends for a fun afternoon out! Go MARLIES! GO GLEDHILL!
Our newly organized Lost and Found area is located on the lower level of the school.
Parents, guardians and students, please take extra care when looking for item so we can keep the Lost and Found area clean and organized.
If you are able, please include student’s names and rooms numbers on their items at school, this helps get items directly returned to the child.
GLEDHILL MOVIE NIGHTS ARE BACK!!
Mark your calendars! Movie nights for the 2019/2020 school year are as follows:
- Friday October 25th, 2019
- Friday November 22nd, 2019
- Friday February 28th, 2020
- Friday April 24th, 2020
First up: Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
Note: We’re always in need of volunteers for movie night, so if you’re able to spare an hour or two, please visit this link to choose a date, time, and task:
Date: October 15, 2019
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered members of the Council!
Pizza will be served. Childcare will be provided. If your children are attending, please stay to help clean up the space that they are in when the meeting is over.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
6:00pm to 6:05pm – Welcome and introductions
6:05pm to 6:30pm – Quick updates & Votes
- Principal’s Update
- Committee Updates
- Vote – Approve $200/teacher to support their classrooms (Treasurer)
- Background – Annually the school council reimburses teachers $200 (each) for expenses incurred by the teachers in support of their classroom. Receipts are provided for all reimbursements.
- Vote – Annual outdoor decoration budget (School Improvement Committee)
- Background – Annually the school council provides some funds to the school to beautify the school, this mainly includes the outdoor planters which are updated seasonally.
- Pending time availability: Update on Dream Big Event (Lori)
- Other Business – Open floor
6:30pm – 7:30pm – Priority Setting: Facilitated Exercise
- We are looking for everyone’s input into the priorities for the council for 2019/2020, we will be going through an exercise during the meeting to discuss where we should put our efforts
- If you can’t make the meeting you can still provide you input, please visit the link below and have your say:
- Click Here for Survey Link
- Friday, October 25, 2019 – Movie Night
- Friday, November 22, 2019 – Movie Night
- Friday, February 28, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, April 24th, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, June 12th, 2019 – Family Fest
Upcoming Council Meeting Dates
- Thursday, November 21
- Thursday, January 23
- Tuesday, February 18
- Thursday, March 26
- Tuesday, April 21
- Thursday, May 21
- Tuesday, June 16
All Parent Council meetings are from 6-730pm and held in the school library. Pizza and childcare will be provided.
Dates are subject to change. Any changes or interruptions to the schedule will be communicated through the blog.
Here are the dates for the 2019/20 Parent Council Meetings:
- Tuesday October 15, 2019
- Thursday November 21, 2019
- Thursday January 23, 2020
- Tuesday February 18, 2020
- Thursday March 26, 2020
- Tuesday April 21, 2020
- Thursday May 21, 2020
- Tuesday June 16, 2020
These dates are also posted on the Gledhill Council bulletin board in the front hall of the school, as well as on the Blog Calendar.